Monday, October 29, 2012

FALL DECOR

This past weekend I finally got to do some fall decorating around the house.  I've been wanting to put out my fall decorations, but with all the office stuff sitting in the living room it was delayed.


I love using my mercury glass pieces.  I purchased a few new thing to add to my collection including this mercury glass pumpkin from Tj Maxx ($5.99)   In this vignette, I brought together silver and gold to accentuate the fall colors in the candles and leaves.

The fabric and silver pine cone candle holder were recent thrift store finds.
( candle holder - .49 cents)
(fabric $1.49 for 5 yards)

In the photo below, you can see this vignette placed on the top of my cedar chest.








On a shelf by the front door, I added three metal pumpkin candle holders and a small wreath along with a few fall colored leaves.  (Thrift store and garage sale items from last year.)



On the coffee table, I placed my garage sale candle holder to which I added the .49 cent thrift store candles and a string of orange vine/beads.  Even though I used the same candle holder last year, you can see how I decorated the candle holder just a bit different than last year.

For a touch of color on the couch, I added the pocket pillows I made last year.  If you'd like a quick and easy slipcover for your own pillows, check out my  tutorial for pocket pillows.  Tutorials for other items mentioned in this post can be found under tutorials at the top of this page.


I'm hoping sometime this week to have my office finished; and I'm anxious to show you the end results of the makeover.

                                             Joy

2 comments:

  1. Love how you decorate with thrifty finds Joy! Love the wire pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I enjoy decorating and using thrifty finds makes it possible on our budget.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails