The work in my office is coming along slowly but surely. I don't share a lot about my personal life on this blog, but do so occasionally. Today I thought I'd explain why the progress on the office has been a bit slow. My husband (a pastor, and my helper/carpenter) has had to sustain a very difficult exam this past week. Our church has been independent for the past 6 years and decided to join a federation of churches; and because of that decision, he was required to take another oral exam. This exam is very difficult and stressful. It's compares to the oral exams he took for his master's degree. What made it even more difficult is that it's been over 20 years since he received his master's degree. Over the past few weeks, this has required all his attention to his studies for the exam. I'm very thankful and proud to say he passed the exam!
While he was busy with his studies, I decided to work on a few small projects for my office.
I bought a chair for $5 a few years ago at a yard sale to use as a sewing chair. This is how it has looked since the day I bought it ... brown cushion and brown wood.
OK...but I thought it could use a little sprucing up.
I went to my basket of fabric remnants, and found this black and white fabric.
Then I removed the seat/cushion of the chair.
I then cut the fabric to fit the cushion, and stapled it to the underside of the cushion.
The last step was to attach it back into the chair frame.
I thought about painting the chair white, but after consulting with my husband and daughters, I decided to keep it the natural wood which is more of a contrast with the light colored cushion. This made for a quick and easy makeover. It also was budget friendly at no additional cost to me because I used what I had.
Total cost = Free