Thursday, March 17, 2011

DIY APPLE BLOSSOM BRANCHES

 Have you noticed all signs of spring popping up in blog land?
If you follow my blog you'll notice that
I've had a spring theme going on this week.

Here's the  project I've been working on the past few days.
Inspired by Pottery Barn 
with their faux cherry blossoms displayed in a white pitcher vase.

Then I stumbled upon two blogs that made their own cherry and apple blossoms.

Mary's Meanderings ~apple blossoms
Susie Harris ~ cherry blossoms

They inspired me to make my own using their technique.

Here's mine in a spring displays.


  
As you can see in the photo below, 
my display looked like it was missing something.


To fix this problem....

... I added books under the Ikea plant and  SPRING
art work to the wall.

 Come back and
I'll share with you in a later post how I made
the art work and seed pot. 


Please come back for more!


Now come and join the fun!  Here are the parties I'm linking to.

I don't have a mantle to decorate, this is what I have instead and will link it to ~The Stories of A2Z Spring mantel linky:
House of Hepworths 
Fireflies and Jellybeans 
Finding Fabulous 
Today's Creative Blog 


Visit thecsiproject.comgiveaways Weekend Bloggy Reading

13 comments:

  1. That is really cute! I love it! Spring is finally starting here and I can't wait. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! You made such a lovely vignette for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, I've got to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, love the Spring decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love your spring decorations. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the eggs that say Spring! Brilliant! Was just poking around over here> Great posts and ideas. I'm a follower now!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the whole vignette! The eggs are adorable, and your blossoms turned out great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are ready for Spring. :) LOVE the "Spring" eggs. So cute. :)

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Hope you'll stop by Serenity Now again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This came out beautiful! I have been admiring all the flowering branches at Pottery Barn too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the flower branches, they give a real spring feel! spring is coming, jippiiiiieh;-)

    Cheers,
    Funkyime

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really sweet display. I'll have to check out the tutorials on making your own floral branches. I'm a new follower & hope you might visit mine & follow back.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Pretty, love the framed eggs!

    Warm Wishes,
    Jodie

    www.lovelaughteranddecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your branches turned out super!!! I love your sweet framed eggs too!! Just gotta love Spring!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails