Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall Decor

FALL
With September here and fall fast approaching us, I decided to put out a few fall decorations.
Some of my inspiration came from Pottery Barn.


Photo ~ Pottery Barn


See the leaf wrapped vase with a candle in the middle...


Photo ~ Pottery Barn


and this one with the little acorns in it.


Well, I took and combined the two ideas and came up with this...


...using items I had around the house to make it.

Photo ~ Pottery Barn


I loved the wrapped wheat that was placed in a vase.

For my version I went out to the field next to our house


and cut some stems of grass and placed it in a jute wrapped vase.





I then placed it in a tray along with a candle and decorative balls.




I made this arrangement using leftover vases from our daughter's wedding.

I placed grass gathered from our side yard in the center vase, wrapped it with jute

and added a little metal leaf in the center.


The fruit basket I made using faux fruit and

a little metal bowl that I recently purchased from a thrift store.


I know some of you frown on faux fruit ... but I hate having the little fruit flies in my home that real fruit attracts.



I made the FALL framed art by using second hand frames that I painted black,


lining them with scrapbook paper, followed by placing cut out FALL letters.





I'm linking this post to...

Hooked on Houses

Beneath my Heart ~ best DIY Party

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

giveawaysVisit thecsiproject.com

17 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love your PB inspired decorations!! It's still hot here but once the kids start school, I'll pull out my decorations too. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the fruit flies either so I'd use the faux fruit too! I loven what you did!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, you are always so creative! Love the fall letters above your cabinets and all of your faux PB looks. I love to recreate PB style and my hubby calls my creations/furniture Potterybarnesque.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! love the pb knockoff hurricane and I may just have to do the fall letters myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so creative! I love that you're already breaking out the Fall decor. I keep wanting to, then telling myself to wait another week or two. But then I keep seeing signs of it everywhere! Maybe this will be my weekend project... :) Thanks, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look. I wish I had some of that wheat. :) Great job!
    I'm visiting from The Inspired Room's party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who doesn't love a good PB knock off? I love how you made everything look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your PB knock-offs. I think yours look better than theirs! Looks beautiful!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty!! Thanks for the ideas!! I am definitely going to follow you!! Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you've done...it all looks beautiful! Stopping by from HOH's party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi nice to meet you! Love the PB inspirations. Yours came out nice! Like the leaves with the pinecones!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great! I love remaking PB :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so going to the dollar store tomm. to pick up the supplies to make the leaf vase!

    http://nicholesownspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the leaf-wrapped vase, and plan to try to make a couple myself as gifts. The only problem is, you didn't post any instructions. I think I can figure out most of it just by looking at the picture. Unfortunately, try as I might, I can't figure out what you have in the bottom of the vase. Is it acorns, dried/faux berries, what? If you could enlighten me, that would be much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karla, They are dried ??? they look like little pumpkins. I bought them from a bulk bin at a local gift shop. Sorry I don't know what they are called.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails