Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pottery Barn Hanging Mason Jar Knockoff

Pottery Barn Hanging Mason Jar


I'm like many of you that have been inspired by Pottery Barn.
Having seen several of these knock off candles by other blogger's.
Like the one Kristin from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia made.

I wanted to make one myself since it would work perfect in my coastal themed master bedroom.

I started out with
a mason jar
sand
sea shells
a candle
and cable wire.

I bent the cable wire into hooks to make a handle for the mason jar and added the sand, sea shells and a votive candle.
Here's my version....



I love how it turned out!
Please return for my master bedroom make over to be revealed soon.
I am sorry for the delay, but I'm waiting for a sunny day to take photos. ( It seems like it's been raining here for 6 weeks). I've also been very busy...serving on jury duty for two weeks and now my parents are here for two weeks. I want to spend time with them because I only get to see them once a year; as they live 1700 miles away from me. Please don't think I'm ignoring you as I love your visits and read all your comments.
Have a great day!
Joy

I'm linking this post to...
The Shabby Chic Cottage ~ Transformation Thursday
 House of Grace Twice Owned Tuesday
Life as Lori Get your craft on Thursday
Beyond the Picket Fence Under $100 linky party
Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Night Special
Making the World Cuter Monday
Momspiration Monday ~ Moms By Heart
Tools are for Women Too

giveaways

PhotobucketJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!
Life in my PJs Visit thecsiproject.com

25 comments:

  1. Cool! I like it. These would be pretty on my porch. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is just as pretty and nice as PB. Thanks for sharing that.

    I came here via Strut Your Stuff Thursday. Hope you will stop by and visit me sometimes over at Pittypat Paperie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I must try too! Have a great visit and thanks for sharing! Donna...the 3rd sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Mason jar lanterns! It would be great to have a bunch of these on the deck for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Love it.

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny...you and I must have been on the same page this week!! Very similar projects. I love what you did...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, I love the jars. I am new to your blog and love what I see. I have been a pastors wife and lived in a parsonage and my husband and I have 5 children. I have enjoyed looking at all your beautiful ideas and projects. I will be following your blog, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so awesome! I love it!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those. I've been wanting to make some as well. I"m looking forward to the bedroom reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out perfect, I love it! Great job! I hope you have a sunny day ahead of you, until then enjoy your time with family!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great! I love the shape of the jar you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous! Love these hanging jars - Very cute! Stopping by from Just a Girl. Hope you are having a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love it! I will be doing this . . . hopefully in time for the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know what makes my heart beat faster! A great knockoff! Thanks so much for linking up to We Can Do It Cheaper. I love how this turned out. I've been wanting to try some of these too and really like the idea of using cable wire. It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. (((((JOY)))))) thank you for missing me...there hasn't been anything wrong except that I took a little break...I reckon from now on I should let you guys know huh? I love the mason jar pottery barn knock off candle thingys! My mind is in gear...I'd like to have some of these for my deck! God bless ya! Robyn@foresthillsrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these! They are perfect! And I actually like your triangle jar better than the PB one -- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great. Good job!

    Partying with you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those hanging jars! And I love the addition of sand in yours. So cool!

    Dona

    ReplyDelete
  19. It turned out great, very light and summery-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just got back from a weekend of thrifting. Picked up several mason jars. Now I have more ideas. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun! I love the way yours look against that sea-green background. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute! I love the cable wire. I will have to look for some.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute!
    great use of the cable wire. I was wondering how you'd achieve the twist in the wire...
    pretty keen!

    Thanks for coming over from Virginia House to visit my blog!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad to have found you again! I stumbled on your site months ago...and then couldn't find you again! I don't live in a "parsonage", but a "camp director's house" -sort of a similar situation. Thanks for all your wonderful, thrifty ideas. I love them! www.harbourbreeze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails