Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thifty Finds for Christmas

I thought I'd share a few of my recent great finds.

Many of the things in my home are twice owned items.

I love finding them at garage sales and thrift stores.

We have a great little local thrift store that I frequent.
It's a thrift store that our Christian School started a few years ago.
It's a great store because you're able to buy second hand items at great prices
and the proceeds go toward Christian education.

On Monday they set up their displays and put out all the new items.
If you arrive early on Tuesday morning you're sure to find some great deals.


I've been able to get Christmas ornaments for .49 cents a box.
My silver snow flake fabric for .99 cents.
You can see it in the photos below. There was enough fabric to make
two table runners and enough left over to place around my vignette.
The little blue and silver snowflake candle holder was only .49 cents.


On my last visit I found these cute Hallmark bowls for $2.49.



I'm using them as part of my Christmas decor and later
will use them for serving Christmas food.



This "Wish you a Merry Christmas" plate was .49 cents....


....as well as these set of 8 Pier 1 plates.




This year my dinning room Christmas decorations are in gold and burgundy.
So when I spotted these beauties I was very excited.

Yesterday they had all Christmas items for 1/2 price
and I found (4) gold place-mats ~ .25 cents each.

I planning to use them at a holiday party we're having in January,
along with these candles I found last year.

I'll share my photos of the party in January.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great thrift store! Would love to visit there, great find on the gold plates too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds Joy! I really love your snowflake fabric and snowflake candle holder...so cute! Merry Christmas to you and your family! ~Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Finds you found at the Thrift stores!! Gotta love them..I know I do..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Thrift stores finds!! Gotta to love those thrift stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta Love those Thrift store finds!! I know I do :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails