Wednesday, December 8, 2010

O Christmas Tree... O Christmas Tree...


I thought it would be interesting to look up the history of the Christmas Tree.

This is what I found at Wikipedia ...
"The tradition of the Christmas tree as it is today known is fairly young. It was established by Martin Luther as a Protestant counterpart to the Catholic Nativity scene.
Luther established the Christmas tree as a symbol of the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden.
"

That being said I'd like to share with you our little Christmas Tree, I found it at Goodwill a few weeks ago for $14.99. Similar trees can be found price for $69 - $89 new!

My original plans were to place it on our deck , but we're not having the big Christmas party at our home this year and decided to go with a smaller tree that takes up less space.




Here are a few close ups of the ornaments.
I placed the little hand painted one in the front for easy viewing.



Here are the little trees in our living room.
I shared these with you in an previous post ~ Silver and Blue Vignette.
You can read about it here.








O
Christmas
tree,
O Christmas tree,

Much pleasure dost thou
bring me!

For ev'ry year the Christmas tree,

Brings to us all

both joy and glee.

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,

Much pleasure dost thou bring me!

!!!!
!!!!


(Source for the verses from "O Christmas Tree" - composer Ernst Anschutz via Wikipedia)


I'm joining the Christmas tree party @ Thrifty Decor Chick.
House of Grace: Best of 2010 - Twice Owned Tuesday


6 comments:

  1. Great Goodwill treasure. What a great price. Don't you love it when you get that perfect treasure...your tree looks beautiful. I wish I had such luck with home items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the little trees around your home! And that hand painted ornament is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks so pretty! And all your blue and white looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have such neat ideas.
    I'm going to be moving in an older house in January, and I'm sure I'll be visiting your blog for some ideas :)Love it!

    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decorated this Christmas with turquoise and white. I don't know if I can ever go back to green and red.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails