Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Thrifty Find Makeover

I recently did a makeover in our master bedroom. As many of my readers know we moved our furniture around and in the process didn't have room for our existing night stand. My temporary solution was to place this vintage ladder as a night stand on one side of the bed. Having received such a great response from all of you saying how well it looked...
it's staying!




Still needed a night stand for the other side of the bed, I've been looking for a thrifty solution.

Monday I made a quick stop at Goodwill and
to my surprise all furniture was 30 % off!!!
Look what I found....

...for $5.49 !!!

Of course it had its blemishes...



...but because I had plans for it that didn't matter.

The first thing to do was give it a good sanding...




...followed by a coat of Kilz primmer

and two coats of white paint left over from my board and batten project.


I removed the wooden knob and replaced it with a crystal knob;
however I didn't like the gold on it and wanted it to match my curtain rod.
My solution was to paint on some oil rubbed bronze paint to antique it a bit.




Here's the finished product...


...with my newly purchased lamp from Ross
sitting on top...

...along side with a vase of sea grass to add a coastal touch.
Have a great weekend!!!

Joy
I'm linking this post to..
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Furniture Feature Fridays Making HOG  http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
Faded Charm ~ White Wednesday Tools are for Women Too
Funky Junk's Workshop Series Blog+Button+to+size.jpg Wallet-Friendly Wednesday

39 comments:

  1. That table is so cute!! What a great deal that was. Every time I see your paint in your BR I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrifty but BEAUTIFUL! You have so many creative ideas!

    Just stopping by from Make New Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!
    Elizabeth
    http://www.justfollowingjesus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! Looks great and love the lamp too!
    I remember the cute ladder so I drug mine up from the basement and soon it will be white!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well isn't that a perfect fit. I love how it turned out and so glad your keeping the awesome ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am following you thanks to New Friend Friday! It would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog! Also we have a brand new blog-hop... no rules just fun and would love you to join in:) Oh and if you need any blog help or easy HTML tips, you know where to come!Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great is that table or cupboard. And so cheap, you did good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, does that look great!! You did good and the end result is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and thrifty! Not to mention a perfect size for that area! I like the ladder too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks great! I'm not crafty at all lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you back :)

    -Victoria
    http://www.adventuresinmommyhood.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! I love how it turned out!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bedroom! Especially the board and batten...it looks amazing! Love the redo on the table and what a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beutiful bedroom. Love the colors and that little table turned out great.

    Thanks for visiting me over at Pittypat Paperie. Come again anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm your newest follower from the Friday Follows. Nice blog! Hope to see you at Dropped Stitches.

    Erin Wallace
    droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... what a find. You did a great job on it, too. Your room looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks great! You did a fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Joy!!! Just found your blog and I have to say, I absolutely love it!!! I'm with you sister on loving garage sales and making over furniture on the cheap! Great job on the master bedroom!
    xoxo,
    Cat @ www.BudgetBlonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joy!

    Super neat-sweet! Lovely. Love the ladder too.


    love,kelee

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling night stand! You did a terrific job!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job! I love the wainscotting and the color of the walls too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great results! And that is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your stand looks great and love the added touch of the glass knob that blends in with the lamp. I am loving that step stool end table too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. cute table! fits in so nice there!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Joy~
    You did a great job on the nightstand...took that piece of furniture from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan. :)
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well done. The table is perfect - small size, a little bit of storage, nice details, and now a lovely serene white with a crystal knob - and most of all an amazing price.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jy,

    Great re-do! I use Kilz all the time, too - excellent product!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thrifty is the BEST kind of BEAUTY!!

    loved it over here! come visit my thrifty white rare find in a desk!
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great find and beautiful transformation!
    Happy WW!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it. Great job. It´s so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Joy ~ you did a fabulous makeover! Perfect for the space!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It looks amazing!!! We don't have nightstands yet. I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for something great like this.

    Thanks for linking to Transform Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much for linking up. I am having a Stash-Busting September party. Check the blog for details soon...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Joy,
    I love this and I am going to feature you!!!
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails