Thursday, July 1, 2010

Patriotic Decorating


Using what you have from around your home is an easy way to be thrifty. I'm on a limited budget for decorating my home.



I wanted to incorporate patriotic items, so I shopped my home for them. Here's what I came up with...




For the dinning room, I cut the flag from a card that we received from my in-laws last week, and placed it in a 25 cent garage sale frame.

The table center piece consists of my apron folded to act as a table runner, with my recently purchased Goodwill lantern. To incorporate red, white, and blue, I added a blue napkin, white starfish and a red battery operated candle.

A red candle with white star fish and garland wreath.

A blue and white ribbon was added to the red candle, along with a large red star at the base of the candle holders.

Blue and red towels, tin stars and scrapbook paper covered candle holders provided
the patriotic theme in the boys bathroom.



My patriotic apron was hung with my other aprons in the kitchen.


USA frame ~

Making the letters using my new cricut machine. I then placed it in a 25 cent garage sale frame, finishing if off by adding a USA flag.


Here it sits proudly above my kitchen cabinets.

Have a great 4th of July holiday!

Joy

I'm linking this post to...

Its a blog party ~ 4th of July party

Centsational Girl ~ Stars and Stripes Party

The Inspired Room ~ Inspired By

Under the Table Dreaming ~ Sunday Show Case Party



Visit thecsiproject.com

9 comments:

  1. How fun!!! You came up with some great festive ideas. Happy 4th!!!!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm linking this post to the Inspire Room, because I'm inspired to use what I have to decorate. I'm also inspired to be patriotic for our country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am enjoying your blog and your fun ideas.
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. So festive! Fun post. Thanks for joining the Patriotic Parade!
    have a safe and happy 4th!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love GW thrifty finds too. Great patriotic touches. Come say hi sometime! Have a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your patriotic parsonage! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are indeed a patriotic inspiration! Thanks so much for linking up to We Can Do It Cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some really cute stuff. I love the USA sign, and the shelf with the stars and towels. Happy 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails