Here is what I came up with.
Below are the DIY instructions for making your own.
I shopped the house for things to use that I already had.
- Cylinder vases left over from our daughters wedding (purchased at a garage sale.)
- Dollar Store battery operated candles
- Transparency scrapbook paper
- Mirror (also leftover from the wedding)
- Mounting putty
- JOY letters - downloaded to my computer
Last December I was visiting a blog Crafty Ever After; and I came upon her JOY printable letters. She's so gracious to let you down load them for FREE for your own home use. I loved them, and put them away for a future project. Today I found a great use for them.
I began by printing the letters off on translucent paper, just like I did for my thanksgiving "place card" candles.
Taking the vases, I glued ribbon at the top and bottom and then attached the paper letters in the middle using glue. A candle was placed in each vase to give it the pretty flickering from the candle light.
To create the "O," I used a small wreath I had from other years, and placed it on the mirror using the mounting putty to hold it in place.
Have a great weekend!
I'm linking this post to...