Monday, May 31, 2010

A Tribute to Servicemen and Women

Memorial Day
Let us take some time to remember the men and women
who have served or are serving this country.
I'm thankful for their talents, courage, faithfulness, and sacrifices
and if necessary their lives to
keep us a free and protected country.

On this day I always lovingly remember my Dad

who fought courageously on the front lines in the Korean War.

As a memory for his bravery I made this memory box a few years ago.

I incorporated a few of his military items along with some other items ...

a fishing lure (he loved to fish)

and a pencil he always carried in his pocket for work.

I am thankful for his service and my mom being a loving a supportive military wife.

(My dad died very unexpectedly of a massive heart attack March 13, 1982)

Joy
I'm linking this post to....

SYS Thurs

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails