Tuesday, December 23, 2014

CHRISTMAS HOME TOUR 2014

Hi everyone!  Christmas is fast approaching; and I realized that if I didn't post my Christmas Home Tour soon, Christmas would be here before you saw it.  So without any more delay -  my 2014 Christmas Home Tour.  Some of the items may look familiar to you as many of the things I used this year are the same as last year.



Come on in!  We'll start in the living room.





First, inside the door, sits the tree. Here it is during the day all frosty and white ....


...and lit up at night.








I'm using the faux fur tree skirt again this year, along with the faux fur wreath.  I made these items last  year.  If you missed the tutorial for these faux fur items, the tutorial can be found here.




I added an arraignment on the top of the blanket cabinet.

  
Grandma's cedar chest  is the perfect place to display my mercury glass collection.  
The instructions for the tree can be found here.



I have many pillows in this room.









The faux fur pillow shares a basket with the silent night pillow.




The yarn tree sits in a vignette on top of the desk.




Next to the desk is my faux mantle.



This year, I found a sweater vase at Goodwill for $2.  I made an arrangement using a burlap poinsettia along with a few greens and spikes.



I've added just a little bit of red to the decor this year.





A few red beads and red ornaments added to the candles on the coffee table and....



....my snow flake pillow, along with my new diy jingle pillow add the pop of red on the sofa.


Here's a view of the entire room.


Moving on to the dining room...




On the Hoosier shelf sits a wintry scene of  snowball candles, along with my Epsom salt candle and ornaments.



Ice skates hang on the side of the Hoosier cabinet.




Snow balls in a bucket placed on vintage ladder from grandma sits next to the Hoosier cabinet.

  
I changed things up on top of the Hoosier this year as well by adding a little bit of red decor.  I added  lights with greens along with a few poinsettias, ribbon, ornaments and snowflakes.  I also placed a candle holder in the middle with the words Believe and Faith on each side.


I put together a centerpiece for the table using my re-purposed candle sticks along with some greens, pine-cones, silver sprigs and a few poinsettia.


The dining room and kitchen are connected together.

This is my tinsel branch above the kitchen sink.

I used my dollar store buckets again hanging them on the coffee cup hooks.


I hope you enjoyed a little peek into our home all dressed for the holidays.

I have one more diy Christmas item to share with you.  It's a sled that my sister and I made over for her front porch.  I've kept you long enough today, so check my next post to see what we've done.

****Joy****

1 comment:

  1. So pretty. Your decor is so lovely and so inviting. I wish you and your family a very Merry and Blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails