Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

I’m a thrifty and creative gal. I enjoy all things thrifty, from garage sales to thrift stores.
I like taking old things and making them into something fresh and new.
I fill many rolls…pastor’s wife, mother, interior designer, chef, seamstress, teacher, nurse and taxi driver to name only a few.


I love making the parsonage our home.
Those of you who do not own your own homes will appreciate the fact that the parsonage, with its builder’s grade white painted walls, is rather bland and impersonal. I’ve enjoyed taking these white walls and adding color and texture to them, while adding softness using my sewing skills to add curtains, pillows and quilts. All of these things give our house warmth and coziness so we can call it HOME.


I hope that you’ll enjoy following me over the next weeks and months as I reveal some of these things. I’ll be giving you some helpful tips on how to be thrifty and save money for your families.


I’m starting out my blog with a few photos of my craft room/office.
It was while searching for ideas for this room, that I was inspired to start writing a blog. I thought it would be fitting to include this room in my first post...












...as this is the room I create , sew and blog in.
Joy
Linking this post to...Centsational Girl ~ Where do you blog?
Perfectly Imperfect Link Party

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,

    What a great project room/office you have! Looks like a fun place to be creative. Love your decorated mouse pad. Such a good idea and one that I never thought of. Can't wait to copy you! Also like the chest redo. I love being able to repurpose old furniture and the chest looks wonderful!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can never get enough of a blue and white room, so lovely! What a fantastic place to create, how inspiring!
    Thanks for linking up to the party this week!
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your office! It looks like a great place to get creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this space! Looks like a wonderful place to scrap in!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails