Saturday, March 27, 2010

Frugal Lamp Find at Goodwill

Do you love to purchase things "secondhand" @ thrift stores, garage sales, consignment and antique shops? Do you experience the adrenalin rush when you find a great buy in the hunt? I do, and I just had that experience this week. Look at what I found at my local Goodwill store.


Isn't she a beauty! brand new never been used...for a mere $12.99. I found the perfect drum shade @ Ross for $2.99, making the total cost $15.98. Looking on line I found similar lamps for $214 ~ $329.95; making my total savings $198 ~ $313.97 shopping second hand. Yea!

I have great plans for doing a makeover in our bedroom. This lamp will fit perfect with the coastal theme I'm planning. I'll be sharing that with you in the near future. In the mean time, I'll keep collecting my great finds.


Tip of the day :
~Remember when shopping @ secondhand and thrift stores; be flexible keeping your eye out for things you will be using now or in the future. Another big thing to remember is: if you like it take it now for tomorrow it may be gone.


Photobucket
I'm linking this post to ~
Photobucket
Photobucket/
Bargain Brag Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. Joy, that's a beautiful lamp, you really did find a treasure. Thanks for joining up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a purdy lamp...I just luv GW! Hope you have a FUN week:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find ~ I love it!
    ~ Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's gorgeous. I definitely have to get to the thrift store more often! Now if only I had a car...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I LOVE that lamp. Lucky you, great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful!!!! Great post and great tip!!!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this lamp... great find! Congrats on winning twice owned Queen! i can't wait to see what else you find.

    ~Elisabeth

    I just thought that I would let you know that I am your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great find! I just bought lamps similar to that one for my master bedroom. Mine were a little more though! :)
    I love thrift stores too..you just can't beat them.
    Blessings,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails