Wednesday, March 10, 2010
DIY Craft Room Project
I like things pretty so coordinating or matching objects in my craft room was a must on my project list. The first project I did was an easy one that even a beginner crafter can do.
It takes only a few supplies.
1. An old mouse pad, coasters and canvas
2. Craft spray adhesive (or another other glue to use for bonding)
3. Scrapbook paper of your choice
4. Self adhesive cork scrapbook paper
Mouse Pad make over instructions:
1. Take your old mouse pad and trace an outline on your paper of choice.
2. Cut this out on lines marked.
3. Spray the old mouse pad with spray adhesive.
4. Attach paper to mouse pad.
You can now admire your new mouse pad !
Coordinating coasters instructions:
1. Do the same as mouse pad instructions (listed above) and add a little bling to them by adding some ribbon.
Coordinating Note Board:
1. Using an old canvas cut the cork board paper to fit canvas.
2. Cut a piece of coordinating paper and place it at the top of the canvas.
3. Glue a piece of coordinating ribbon between the two papers for an added boarder.
4. At the top of the cork board I put the word "notes" with sticker letters.
5. I added some cute tacks that I purchased at Wal-Mart, but you could add your own bling to some cheap tacks by painting them or covering them with scrapbook paper.
I'm linking this post to Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest
Tools are for Women Too Centsational Girl ~ Where do you blog partly