Thursday, October 9, 2014

MY FALL HOUSE TOUR

I questioned if I should share my fall home tour, since a lot of things are the same as last year. I however have added a few new things and changed things around a bit so decided to share it with you.
 
Let's start in the dining room.




 I placed some colorful branches in Grandma's coffee pot next to the Hoosier cabinet and added a pumpkin and gourds at the base of the coffee pot.


 
A small fall branch was added to the Ball jars that sit on top of the Hoosier.


The shelf of the Hoosier got a few things as well.  The candle holder on the top shelf was purchased at a garage sale a few years ago for a dollar or two. The pumpkin and candle were bought from the clearance bin a few years back.  I really like the Thankful plate that I found at Wal Mart last year.  The fall season is a beautiful time of year. It has me reflect backing on the many things I'm thankful for.  The Lord has richly blessed me again this year.


On the top of the Hoosier I added just a few things to give it a touch of fall as well.




I'm still loving the shaft of wheat that I purchased two years ago, along with the Indian corn.  They both came from the Lynden thrift store.  I got two of the wheat for 99 cents each and the corn was something like 49 cents.  I sure miss the Second Chance Thrift Store, they had so many good things at such reasonable prices.

I placed the second wheat on my kitchen counter, along with the burlap pumpkin I made last year.




One of the new things I added this year was a cute little pumpkin.  I found it in the dollar bin at Target for three dollars.  It sits between the pine-cone candle holders purchased new last year.  I love how it adds a bit of natural texture to the room.


Another new thing added to my fall decor this year, is my diy painted canvas pumpkin.  I told you how I made this in my last post.  If you missed it you can read about it at  -  DIY FALL ARTWORK -  PAINTED PUMPKIN  .




This post is getting a little longer than I had planned, and I'm running out of time to show you the living room.  So I will share the rest of the house in my next post.  Have a great FALL day!

                                                          ***Joy***

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails