Tuesday, December 17, 2013

2013 CHRISTMAS HOME TOUR



Welcome to our home!  If your are a new visitor here, I'm so happy you stopped by.  If you're a regular visitor here, thanks for coming back for a visit.  Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year; and I love getting our home ready for the festive holiday.  I'll be joining other bloggers seeing their tour of homes.  So today I'll share my home as it's all decorated for the holidays.

Most of my Christmas decor is centered around a Winter Wonderland theme this year.


Let's begin at the front door.  It's decked out with my new faux fur wreath.



To your right is a small cabinet where I've placed a wire basket with ornaments.


Directly above this I've hung my diy twinkly light canvas.




Next is our lovely flocked Christmas tree purchased new this year.  I've already shown you the faux fur tree skirt I made for it.


Don't you think this little tree looks pretty for only $30?


I didn't use your typical star tree topper, but added instead some silver spikes and an ornament with a few lights placed inside.



I used mostly silver and blue ornaments along with my thrift store garland.



The bottom of the tree is wrapped with my new diy faux tree skirt, where the gifts are placed.  I also added a cute little  blue snowflake bucket that I picked up for a dollar from Target.  I thought it was so cute, and goes so well with the decor.  I filled the bucked with a few ornaments to give a little extra sparkle.


 This year I did something a bit unusual - I used colored tulle for a backdrop on the cedar chest.  I then placed my snowball garage sale candles, a few ball ornaments and dollar store snowflake ornaments.

I love how it almost looks like sparkly snow drifts.



I've also made a few new pillows and pillow covers for the living room.  I placed one of them in the wing-back chair.


The room is mostly decorated in blue, white and silver, but I added just a pop of red here and there.
As you can see I did by adding a red snow flake on the pillow.



Here's the vignette on top of our curio cabinet.  I used thrift store fabric and other items including my diy Epsom salt candle (most viewed item on this blog) and diy mercury glass tree.  The string of beads was a new purchased  from Hobby Lobby this year (Of course a 50% off item or it wouldn't be thrifty).


Next to the curio is the basket with my diy faux fur pillow and blankets to keep us warm and cozy.



Moving on to our sofa and coffee table.  On the sofa, you can see another one of the pillows that I made.  The tutorial for the wreath pillow can be found here.  I put together the arrangement on the coffee table using thrift store garland, poinsettia flowers, dollar store snow flakes, a few silver pine cones and two sparkly spikes that I also got at Hobby Lobby - 50 % off sale.  I sure miss my pine trees and holly tree from Washington.  I could just walk out my door, and pick from any tree to add to my garland.  You could ask my husband how I've been struggling to put centerpieces together without live greenery.


The last area in the living room to be dressed up for the holidays was the book case nook.  This is where I made a faux mantle to display our stockings.  Click here to check out the fur topped burlap stockings I made from left over items. The faux fur tree is displayed here as well.




To create the faux mantle, I used greenery adding some bead garland along with ornaments.  I also added more of the tulle in this area.  It adds a touch of the blue to the greenery.

The rocking chair next to the faux mantle needed a little dressing up too, so I added more of my new diy pillows.




Moving on to our dining room ~ I used the same colors as in the living room.

The top of the Hoosier cabinet received some dressing up as well.




See my small pop of red in the snowman plate.



Next to the Hoosier cabinet, I made a floral arrangement placing it in grandma's coffee pot.




On the wall by our patio door, I hung an old frame, made over into a Christmas card display area.
(I'll tell you how I made this in another post.)


On the table, I used one of the burlap table runners, along with my made over candle sticks from last year.  I placed a few poinsettias at the base of the candle sticks .



On our coffee mug hooks, I hung dollar buckets from Target filled with jingle bells and candy.  See the small pop of red brought out using the candy.



On the counter, I place my diy yarn tree along with a poinsettia and a red Christmas ornament.
Small pop of red again :)



One more look at our Winter Wonderland Tree with all the lights on at night.




I hope you enjoyed the tour, and I'm looking forward to seeing yours!

















6 comments:

  1. This looks great! I wish we were going to be home over Christmas so I could see it in person. Thanks for sharing your ideas. These are all super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is just exquisite and brimming with inspiration dear! I love you tree! I'm actually on a hunt for one now, same kind, where'd you get yours at? Love everything, I'm doing winter wonderland too for next year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mandy,
    Wish you could be here too. We will miss you, but have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so pretty! love the colors and your great Christmas pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joy, I love your winter wonderland and your tree is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails