Thursday, December 13, 2012

HOLIDAY HOME TOUR

Wow! what a busy weekend we've had. You may have noticed that I was MIA.   My husband and I flew across country for a preaching appointment in another church.  We ended up spending a lot of time in the airport do to flight delays.  I'm glad to be back home and ready to continue the Christmas Home Tour of the Parsonage!

In my last post, I showed you our living room all decorated for Christmas.  Today we'll move on to our family room.   I wanted to continue the same theme/color through out the house this year with a winter wonderland theme. I've incorporated a lot of snowflakes, blue and silver and a little faux snow.

A few years ago we purchased this artificial tree.  The mistake we made was that in the large store the tree looked small, but when we brought it home it was much larger than we thought.  It takes up a lot of space in our small home, so placing it in the corner  take up less space.






I like having the tree in our family room as we sit in this room every day. We can view the tree easily  from the kitchen and dinning room.


The tree is decorated with silver and blue and a lot of glittery items.  I've added a few new ornaments this year that my mom gave me for my birthday.  Here are a few photos close up.



 Thrift store ornaments.



I used what I had for the tree skirt again this year. A table runner left over from our daughters weddings.  I love how the beads reflect the lights of the tree adding sparkle and a little bling.



Next to the television stand, I placed a poinsettia in my grandmothers old red wing crock.



On the top of the desk I placed three buckets I bought from the dollar bin at Target.  I added some jingle bells in the one bucket along with some faux snow.


 








I'm linking this post to ~
Thrifty Decor Chick - Holiday Home Linky Party - Trees



1 comment:

  1. Oh so pretty. And the table runner will always had a special memory to your Christmas' to come.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails