Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pottery Barn Architectural Prints Inspiration

Recently, while browsing through my Pottery Barn magazine, I saw these great architectural prints. Go here to see the Pottery Barn photo.  My husband, daughters and I love to take photos of old architecture.  While visiting Seattle, WA,  I noticed these lovely old pillars with great architectural detail.  So of course I took a photo of them.  Upon seeing the Pottery Barn prints, I decided I could use my photos to make my own version rather than pay $47 each.


Using a photo editing program I changed the photo to sepia and then sketch mode.  Here's my end result.


I hung the print using close-pins like the one in this photo. See it hanging in the upper right hand side of the PB photo?


Here is my knockoff version in a frame.



Here it is with an additional frame.



My DIY Thrifty Version Costs: 

25 cents for card stock
50 cent garage sale frame
Total cost - 75 cents !
Not a bad price for a piece of artwork.





I'm linking this post to...
Beneath My Heart DIY Best of June Party

Tip Junkie handmade projects

5 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB!!! i love the way you have yours displayed. beautiful job.
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressive! It's amazing how you can just see something & then figure out how to make it. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such a amazing things! Just looking at something & then being able to recreate it is so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great article, I really appreciate your thought process and having it explained properly, thank you



    jack

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails