Thursday, February 3, 2011

Transforming Wingback Chairs

Well, the transformation has begun!


I made my trip back to Jo Ann's fabric in search of new fabric for the wing back chairs. My search lasted for almost a hour. I didn't realize how difficult a task this would be. I love so many of the upholstery prints at Jo Ann's. Here are just a few that I liked and made my decision hard .....

Waverly Chippendale Fretwork Mist

Nexxus Aqua

Geometria Palma

Wavery Adorment Silver Fabric

After giving it a lot of thought, however, I realized that these chairs have curves, and a bold print could be a little much. I'll incorporate prints into the room in other ways.

The decision was made to stay away from white (see my post on the white fabric) or dark fabric. The curtains in the room will bring in dark brown, while the rest of the room will have tan / cream and seascape blue colors.

My final choice ended up being an off white duck fabric.


Here's my work in progress.






It took me 4 hours to get it to this point.


Along with some very sore fingers,
because I had to pull out all of these staples!



These chairs are going to take me some time!
But I'm calculating the dollars I'll be saving by DIY . Take a look at this Pottery Barn Chair.
Mine will be very similar when I finished with them.

The Pottery Barn Chair is listed with a price tag of
$699 - $849
Take that times two chairs, it will be quite a savings for me!

I plan to keep you posted as my work progresses.

Have a great day!



Joy













7 comments:

  1. Love that PB chair but not the price either! Yours is going to be just beautiful, can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurry up, 'cause I have a wing chair to re-do and I want to see how yours turned out. Looks great so far and the PB chair is gorgeous! I would never have thought to paint the feet black. 8>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how these turn out because I have the EXACT same chair I really want to redo with drop cloth fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! My parents redid an antique chair from my great grandparents home and it is amazing! You will bring new life to it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that PB chair...your chairs are going to look amazing...can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the finished product!! I am giving you a blog award!! Check it out on my blog, save the pic, and follow the instructions! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!! What a job with all those staples! My fingers hurt just thinking about it! That chair will look amazing when you're done :D And, the off white duck fabric will be soooo versatile.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails