Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Faux Christmas Mantel

We don't have a mantel in our home, but I decided to make a faux mantel to hang our stockings from.
Working with a very small budget I decided to use what I had.
I started out by making my mantel using a frame/mirror in my dinning room that has hooks on it.

Stringing garland greenery and battery operated lights over the hooks for starters,
I then added ornaments hung from ribbons...


finishing it off with a small gold bow and a diy pine cone ornament that I made years ago.


So the stocking are hung despite the lack of a real mantel.








The Lettered Cottage

7 comments:

  1. I love that you used what you had and got creative. It looks very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good. I love your faux mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative!!! I love that you had your mantel without a mantel. Great job my dear! Glad I found you from Layla's party.

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, festive idea!!! So fun too.

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say, "Use what you've got". And you certainly have. Looks great. Thanks for stopping by my mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea - it works beautifully and it's lovely.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shopping your house is soooo awesome...I'm doing that too!!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m hosting an Christmas Open House on 12/9…would love to have you come by and join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails