Wednesday, November 20, 2013

DIY CENTERPIECE FOR A FORMAL DINNER ~ REHEARSAL DINNER

I'm continuing on with my series,  Rehearsal Dinner On a Budget.  In my previous post I shared my DIY Centerpiece Burlap Cake.  Today I'll be showing you a very simple centerpiece, that I used as centerpieces on the tables at the rehearsal dinner.  If you need a centerpiece for thanksgiving, Christmas, a bridal shower or wedding.  This centerpiece could work for you.   The possibilities for where to use it are endless.

The great thing about this centerpiece is how fast and easy it is to make, along with being  inexpensive yet  elegant.


The items you will need to make this centerpiece -

A Clear Crimp Top Ivy Bowl
Saran Wrap or any Clear Plastic Wrap
Water
A Faux Silk Flower or Real Flower
Wire Clipper



You will begin with a crimp topped bowl. I borrowed mine from my sister, but you can find them at any craft store.  The one below is from Hobby Lobby , the price is usually around a dollar.  You can buy them second hand also, like we did for our daughters wedding


Begin by taking a piece of  the plastic wrap and crunch it into a ball, but not to tight.


Place the crunched up plastic wrap loosely into the bottom of your bowl.  Now add water into the bowl covering the plastic entirely.


Take your flower (faux or real) and trim the stem so it will be about an inch off the bottom of the bowl, when placed it into the bowl.  Then take the flower and place it into the bowl, if you have extra leaves you can tuck them in around the edge of the top of the bowl.


To make this this complete tablescape, I placed my finished centerpiece on top of one of my DIY Burlap Tablerunner, added some crystal bling and votive candles.  This centerpiece was not only easy to make, but very inexpensive, yet elegant!  What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails