Wednesday, April 1, 2015

SPRING DECOR 2015

Hi everyone!  It's great to back after a few months break away from blogging.  As I told you in a previous post, I started a new job and it has taken up quite a bit of my time.  Now that I'm finished with orientation, I'm hoping to have more time for posts.

I love spring and the Easter Holiday.  Today I thought I would show you how I decorated our dining room for spring.





I'll begin by showing you what I placed on the top of our Hoosier cabinet.  I used things that I've had in the house from the past few years.  By using these items over you save a lot of money, and arranging it different from year to year gives the items a new look.





Here is the view of the entire dining area.



What says spring more than cute little chicks.  I added these cuties on the Hoosier .



I used my vintage toy rabbit and filled  it with Easter eggs, along with the spring art work on the shelves of the Hoosier cabinet.


A few months ago my mother-in-law gave us this chair from my husbands great-grandmother.  It's well over 100 years old.  One of the back spindles is missing and we still need to add the replacement leather seat.  (For now it's just sitting loose on top of the chair.)   I love the well worn look of this chair and thought it would be a great place to add a few things for spring.


 I place my Nest Artwork on Grandma's chair along with a few potted succulent plants.  I found these cute little succulents at the Dollar Store a few months ago.  They were in cheap plastic pots. No problem, I just shopped my house and found the ceramic posts that I had found for .49 cents a few years ago.  I placed them on a candle holder with a few pebbles (also a garage sale find).


A few flowers were added to my vintage coffee pot.


I used one of my burlap table runners on the table along with a bowl filled with eggs.


I think by changing just a few items in the room helps it look more like spring. 

May you have a happy and 
Blessed Easter!

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails